Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Money transfer

    Dear HMRC team Before moving to the UK as a resident (Tier2), when I was working in UAE, I bought Bangladesh Government - Wage Earner Development Bonds from my savings. According to Bangladesh Central Bank regulations, it is legally possible to repatriate the principal amount to the bond owner's resident country. If I want to bring the principal amount to the UK via bank transfer, do I need to pay any tax or do I need to inform HMRC? If yes, could you please let me know the process on how to inform HMRC. Thanks - Masud