Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: RSU Income type

    Hi, can I just check please the circumstances here - I am UK tax resident working for the UK sub of a US parent company, and have RSUs in the parent that have vested this year. Again shares were withheld to pay for the tax/NI liability, but the gain and UK tax appears on my P60. Do I need to record anything in the Foreign Income section of my self assessment or is it all fine as normal income from employment? I don’t think in my case the tax is foreign tax it’s UK PAYE? Separately, if I sell any shares giving rise to a capital gain, does that gain need recording in foreign income or just as UK gains? And presumably nothing is required if that gain is under the £12k threshold?