Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Foreign Income in Self Assessment for Non-Resident Landlord

    Hi, my situation is similar to above, I have been non resident in the UK since 2010 and work / live / am fully employed in Germany with a German employer. I am a German taxpayer. I have UK rental property and my agent submitted SA100, 105 and 109 in these years electronically on my behalf for this income. Last year I decided to do the returns myself and submitted paper returns, SA100, 105 and 109. My return was accepted. Clearly next year I will need to sort myself out with software for MTD but in the meantime I intend to submit on paper this year before 31 Oct and I have been sent a forms pack which includes SA101.... I have never seen this form before. On page 2 box 12 says "Foreign Earnings not taxable in the UK" I need to fill this out? My foreign income is fully taxed in Germany, none of the other questions apply to me at all. Obviously I have foreign income from my job.....Thank you.