Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: split year: Dividends

    Hi HMRC Admin, My situation is similar to the previous questioner, thierry dugoujard. It is clear that I require to declare the dividends received from Sept 2021. I will submit the form below. May I know is it correct? -SA109, for apply the split year treatment -SA100, for tax return on 2022 -SA106, for declare my dividend received from Sept 2021 Thank you
  • RE: Do I need to file Self Assessment?

    Hi HMRC Admin, I have a similar situation to the previous questioner, May 2022. I became UK tax resident on 10 August 2021. I have a local employment since September 2021 that tax was deducted via PAYE. However I had overseas income from Hong Kong before 10 August 2021, I have no overseas income and capital gain, and less than £5 interest from bank after that day till 5 April 2022. It is very clear that I do not required to submit a 2022 Self Assessment tax return. However, what if: 1. my wage from Hong Kong, which is oversea income, credit to my bank account after 10 August 2021, 2. I withdrawed my Hong Kong State Pension fund (MPF). And the money credit to my bank account after 10 August 2021, 3. I sold out all of my investment, such as stocks, on 9 August 2021. The stocks are cleared and settled on two days after the trade day in Hong Kong, so the money credit to my bank accout on 11 August 2021. Also, some dividend credit to my bank account after 11 August 2021, Do I need to file Self Assessment in the above situation 1, 2 and 3? Thank you