Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• can I download the tax return (SA100)?

Previously, we can downlaod the SA100 through online But in 2023, if I need a paper form, I have to call HMRC and request form SA100. (https://www.gov.uk/self-assessment-tax-return-forms). It is found that there is a "SA100 tax return (2023) — for reference only" on HMRC website. (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-tax-return-sa100). I wonder if I can print out and use this form to submit? I have to apply for split year treatment. That means I have to fill in the SA106. I can't file your Self Assessment tax return online. Am I right? Also, I don't want to pay for the commercial software, so the only way for me to submit the tax return is submit the paper form, right?
  • RE: Foreign interest and dividends

As stated as above, if I received the foreign interest or foreign dividends in my non-UK accounts or non-UK banks, when I am a Tax-Resident. And the total foreign interest and foreign dividends are less then £2,000. I have to fill in the SA106, Page F2, "Interest and other income from overseas savings" & "Dividends from foreign companies". Then I have a several questions: 1. On the SA100, page TR2, Box 5. Foreign, should I put "X" in the "Yes"? 2. On the SA100, Page TR3, do I require to fill in any boxes in "Income" part? or just leave it blank? 3. On the SA106, Page F2, should I fill in the part of "Income from overseas sources"? 4. If the total amount of interest in a foreign account within a tax year is less than £1, do we still need to report to HMRC and fill in any form? Thank you
  • RE: Split year treatment

Hi HRMC Admin, I landed to UK on 4 Aug 2021 by using BNO visa (over 183 days in 2020-21). I become a UK tax resident on 4 Aug 2021. I had a job in Hong Kong and worked until 1 Aug 2021. After arrival to UK, I have no job unit now. My Hong Kong employer paid me my last wages and credit into my bank account on 10 Aug 2021, which I have already become a UK tax resident. If I qualify for split year then I am only reporting the income for the UK part of the year. I do not need to report the income prior to arriving in the UK. However, my situation is that my Hong Kong wages credit into my account after I become a UK tax resident. Do I have to submit the self assessment and report my Hong Kong last wages, which credit into my account on 10 Aug 2021, to HMRC? if Yes, I will fill in the SA109 to apply split tax treatment. Then -on the SA100, page TR2, should I put "X" in "Yes" box "1 Employment" or "5 Foreign" -do I have to fill in the SA102? (i.e. My Hong Kong Employer don't have P45 or P60, PAYE tax reference)