Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Self assessment and tax filing

    Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if I need to report foreign income, i.e. savings interest and dividend via self assessment even though they are less than £1000 and £2000 respectively and they are my only income. Because it states: “You usually need to fill in a Self Assessment tax return if you’re a UK resident with foreign income or capital gains.” on Thank you for your advice.
  • Self assessment and tax filing

    Hi, I have the following incomes during 2021-2022 tax year. Please advise if I must file my tax return or not. Thank you very much. 1) Interests from foreign and local banks and dividend from stock which are less than 1000 pounds 2) Cash gift from a family member before moving to UK and becoming UK tax resident. I received the money in late April 2021 and arrived UK in May 2021.