Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Employed and self-employed

    Hi, I have a job where I work 4 days a week for a company and and taxed through PAYE. However, I also run a side-gig on a couple of days a week. My employed job is not highly paid and my total income will not see me get anywhere near the basic tax threshold limit. Do I need to register for both a self-assessment and a business tax account or do I just register for a business tax account to declare my side-gig earnings, or do I do self-assessment through a personal tax account and and just declare my side-gig earngings there? I'm just confused if I need to open 2 accounts with HMRC. Thanks a lot.