Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Does anyone know how to set up a personal tax account as a non UK resident

    Hi there. I am a Spanish resident owed a refund from HMRC. I have been told I need to request a bank transfer via my personal tax account but when I try and access it it asks for my UK passport PLUS details of my UK phone contract or credit card which I obviously don't have. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they resolve it, thanks in advance
  • RE: HMRC access for non-UK resident

    Thanks for that but I was told by HMRC that I could and I used to be able to. I am using this forum because the support number does not get answered. Are you saying that unless you have a UK credit card or phone contract or NI driving licence you cannot access your UK personal tax account? that cannot be correct.
  • HMRC access for non-UK resident

    I live in Spain and urgently need access to my digital personal tax account. I cannot find my password and so cannot get in using my gateway ID. I set up a new one but need to confirm my Identity. I have to choose 2 of three options. 1) UK passport - I have this 2) UK Credit card or Phone contract - As I have lived in Spain for 12 years I do not have either 3) NI Driving licence -- Don't have. What do I do now please????? Thanks in advance