Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Tupe charges

    We had employees TUPE in on legacy government redundancy terms, the contract provided for DWP reimbursing our company for redundancy cost incurred. The transferee’s were employed by our company so we paid the redundancy and invoiced DWP for the amount detailed in the contract. Should our invoice to DWP be with VAT?
  • Tupe charges

    Do I charge VAT on Tupe charges? It's a straight through pass through spend on employee costs –salary costs and redundancy
  • EU entity importing goods into UK

    Our entity in The Netherlands is going to be importing goods in its own name into the UK. Supplies will be made to both B2B and B2C. Couple of questions: 1. Is the supply to the customer deemed to take place in the UK? 2. Does the NL entity have to register for UK VAT? 3. If they do, when the goods have been imported in their name does the entity have to create a sales invoice to the end user from the UK, charging UK VAT? I expect the answer to the above is yes they do need to VAT register but I was to double check. Many thanks