Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: P60's

But my question really is: should my employer provide me with a completed P60 even if the tax shown on that P60 is zero?
  • RE: P60's

Thank you for the prompt response. No, the tax code is not NT it's BR/0. To be clear, MyCSP have now provided me with a P60 (after my request) for the none taxable income but the two (important) fields on the P60 (Pay/Pension and Income tax details) and (Paid By Pension fund) both show £0.00 which is incorrect. I receive income but it is not taxable.
  • P60's

I am retired and live in Spain and submit a tax return to the Spanish authorities each year. I recently received challenges from them regarding my income and that prompted me to contact my employer regarding the issue of P60's (in order to satisfy the Spanish authorities). I have two separate income streams from my employer (Civil Service). One is taxable but the other is excluded from UK tax. My employer (via MyCSP) has stated that they will only provide a P60 for my taxed income. They say that they will not provide a P60 for the non taxable income. That leaves me in a dilemma when dealing with the Spanish. It was my understanding that an employer was legally bound to supply a P60 on an annual basis for any income provided regardless of whether that income was taxable or not. Am I correct and should a P60 be provided for my non-taxable income as well as my taxable income?