Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Granted NL residency but will continue working for UK company

    I'm a UK citizen living in the UK and have recently been granted a residence permit in The Netherlands to live with my Dutch partner. I intend to continue working for my UK-based employer and will continue to travel back and forth regularly between my home in the UK and my partner's home in The Netherlands. In this case, do I still need to inform HMRC that I am moving abroad, even if I'm retaining my UK home and employment and will be considered a dual resident? My UK income will be my only source of income, so I understand I would be liable to pay UK tax based on the number of days spent in the UK? Thanks in advance!