Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: French-based company hiring a UK citizen

    To be precise, we are expected to register as an employer on HMRC, however the online form tells us to register by phone or post as none of our managers have a UK National Insurance number We contacted HMRC by phone, and the person redirected us to the "CE 3821" form. On the one hand we cannot find this form, on the other hand this form seems to be VAT related, we do not see the link with registration as an employer. Is there something we have not understood? Is there a simple way to register?
  • French-based company hiring a UK citizen

    I work for the HR department of a French company, 100% based in France. We are going to hire an English citizen for a 6 month fixed term contract. She will work from home, coming to France for a few days at most. This is the first time we are going to recruit someone who will not be resident in France. We usually do French payrolls with contributions paid to URSSAF (the French organisation that collects social and employer contributions in France). What is expected of a French company in this case in terms of the pay slip? Do we need to make any special arrangements?