Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Real Estate purchase by Non UK resident

I am a non UK resident but british citizen I would like to buy a property in the UK and rent it out. Eventually I will relocate to UK and take back the property for myself Can u tell me the tax implications or provide a source for reference Thank you
  • RE: Canadian RIF

Thank you Please confirm , Is the tax based on the disposal of assets required just for the periodic payment amount? For example, if there were other disposal of assets...let's say to rebalance the portfolio....would the entire income from those disposals be subject to capital gains tax OR just the amount required to pay for the periodic payment ? Thank you
  • Canadian RIF

Hi. Having lived in canada for many years I am now returning home to the UK permanently and need to understand how the UK will tax my canadian rif If I take periodic payments there is no Canadian witholding tax and the UK does not recognize the peridot payment as ince and so no UK tax. I understand the UK will tax the income within the rif portfolio and this is what I need to understand. Is the UK tax liability based on the entire portfolios market value change for the year OR is it based just on the income generated from the sell transactions done to raise the cash for the periodic payment..? If so, can I assume if individual stocks were sold, the income would be recognized as a capital gain and thus qualify for the capital gain personal allowance for the year.? Thank you