Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Non-resident tax return - overpaid tax repayment

    Hi, I'm a non-resident (left UK few years ago). For year 2021-22 I have overpaid PAYE tax (I had NT tax code but my employer was collecting PAYE), to be refunded. I have submitted self-assessment tax return via post and it reached HMRC already. On the return I provided my UK bank account details and that I'd like a refund of the overpaid tax. The return of course contains all the details and calculations of the overpaid tax. Do I need to do anything else (e.g. submit any other form or claim, and if so, which), or will the overpaid tax be refunded 'automatically' based on my tax return? If the latter one, how long will it take until HMRC sends the refund? Kind regards,