Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Tax Status and Proof

    Hello I left work (by taking voluntary redundancy) when I had my first child and have not returned yet because my youngest child is still small. As part of Know Your Client requirements for a banking service I use abroad (in France), I have been asked to provide information relating to my salary or proof of retirement (!). As I have no current income of my own and any P45s/P60s I have kept hold of are now very out of date and are not considered valid. Does anyone know how I can get official confirmation of my tax status and tax residency in the UK? Is there something that HMRC can provide? I certainly used to pay tax on my income in the UK and will do so again in a year or so when I finally return to work but at the moment, I seem to be in limbo! Any advice very welcome.