Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Pay Self Assessment Tax through PAYE

All Over the last couple of years I have been paying my self assessment tax bill by way of a change to my PAYE tax code This year I have higher self employed earnings so the bill will be higher My question is regarding the requirement that I cannot pay this way if - 'you’d end up paying more than twice as much tax as you normally do' I have three PAYE incomes - 1. My full tax code is against this employment and I pay a small amount of tax, approx £500 per year 2. Code BR and pay approx £2000 tax via PAYE 3. Pension with BR code and paying approx £1800 tax via PAYE My question is how is the normal tax I pay calculated in terms of meeting the requirement above? Is it a sum of all my earnings? The only code which can be altered is income No 1, the others being BR, and tax paid on income 1 will definitely be to low to allow me to pay my self assessment bill by PAYE for the current year if it just takes that single income stream. I will meet all the other requirements to allow me to pay my self assessment tax by PAYE I know its a way ahead but I find this way of paying helpful, and dont want any surprises!! Thanks for any help given