Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: U1 Form

    Hi! After nearly four years of remote work (from Italy) for an English university, my fix-term contract expired. To claim unemployment benefits in Italy, I need an U1 form. While filling the online form, HMRC is asking me to specify if I have lived in a country other than UK in the last 6 years and details about my residency in the UK. Since I have not been physically resident in UK since June 2018, I would like to understand If I can still apply for an U1 form and claim benefits in Italy. I would also like to understand how are these questions relevant to the application for the U1 form, since I paid taxes in the UK for the last four years as a normal UK resident. Thanks in advance, Niccolo