Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Tax refund

    I received a cheque for back dated tax from the tax year 2012/13. I live abroad with a terrible postal service and the cheque has already expired upon receipt. I contacted the tax office this summer when back in the UK and they said they were unable to help as can not see further than 5 years back on their system. The my advised me to send the cheque back along with a covering letter. I have not heard anything since. This is more than 4 months ago now. Can anyone advise next steps?