Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Verify Identity Gov Gateway

Hello I went today 1st april check my state pension and National Insurance via Gov.UK verify but states can no longer use to prove identity To use this service, you’ll need to prove your identity using Government Gateway. You’ll be able to register for Government Gateway if you have not used it before. I need help as eventhough I am registered with Government Gatway I failed 5 times to prove my identity and your online colleagues promptly emailed e helpline staff cannot assist with the online identity check. So as I keep failing the online identity check but want to use Government Gateway and have copy of my credit report using same agency you do (their information is incomplete ) how can i prove my identity to use the goverment gateway via post or other - been at same address for over 26 year - who do i write to and try and get this sorted - I did try and call both HMRC for national insurance and Future Pension service but having held on for over 30 mins - and still didnt get through on phone