Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • I did remote freelance work in the UK for a German company, is this foreign income?

    Hello, in my 2020/2021 tax year I did mostly self-employment work. 2021/2022 most of my income was PAYE, except for some freelance remote work I did for a German company. I was paid in euros. It was approximately £4000 converted. 1) Do I define this as foreign income or self-employment? 2) Is the converted amount based on what it was in April 2021 or now? 3) I made a payment on account of £500 on January 2022, and £500 was due 31 July 22. Because I only have the approx. £4000 that was not PAYE in 2021/2022, it seems like £1000 total is too much to pay. Should I pay it and then get a refund? Or complete the tax return and pay a reduced amount? Many thanks for your help