Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Redundancy payment

Hi, Yes I have included redundancy payment as other income but I have no way of separating tax the tax between redundancy and normal pay because I received it all as one sum. At the moment I have included the total tax paid in the employment section. Is this correct?
  • Redundancy payment

Hi, I was made redundant in September 2021. I received £38,650 as redundancy pay. This was paid along with 3 month's notice and holiday pay so I cannot work out tax paid on the redundancy pay. I have reported pay from this employer (excluding redundancy pay of £38,650) in the employment section, along with total tax paid while employed at that company (including tax pay on redundancy pay). I have included £30,000 as exempt redundancy pay and £8,650 as taxable redundancy pay - both under 'other income'. Is this correct? I have no way of splitting the tax between normal income and other income. My return is flagging a 'warning' that the tax within the employment income section looks unusually high (because it includes tax paid on redundancy pay). Thanks.