Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Access to HMRC online services

Hi, I posted the above question in June in which I want to file tax return online but since I do not have UK passport nor Northern Ireland driving licence, I cannot go through the Government Gateway Identity check. It said that there should be some changes to the process done in July. It is now August and may I ask if you can advise if such changes have been done and whether it may help me apply for online services ? Thanks.
  • RE: Access to HMRC online services

Got it. Thanks for your reply.
  • Access to HMRC online services

Hi, I currently live in UK but do not hold UK passport. I want to file tax return online but since I do not have UK passport nor Northern Ireland driving licence, I cannot go through the Government Gateway Identity check. Thus, I used post in order to request for Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR). Recently I have received the letter from HMRC and got the UTR. In the letter it said I can file tax return online by going to online.hmrc.gov.uk/registration However, this link is not available. May I clarify if this link is actually working or not ? I would like to know whether I can use online service to create personal tax account and submit tax return online before the deadline, or must we fill-in the tax return paper form and send to HMRC by post which is not convenient ? I also noted from other post (thread name 'Government Gateway Signin Problem') mentioning that there are some changes being made to the verification process in July2022, and the user may be able to verify then. Is it true ? Thanks.