Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Redundancy & PILON

Thank you. I received a Bonus payment in Nov on a separate payslip. Should this figure be added to the employment section or the Post employment section with the redundancy & Pilon. I'll change the Tax figure in the employment section to the YTD tax on the payslip as obviously now higher than the P60. Thanks
  • RE: Redundancy & PILON

Thank you. So when l do this why is the Total income in which tax is due on the calculation £30k more than the P60? It was included in the Taxable pay on the pay slip. Should the total income in which tax is due match the P60? I have also read in some notes " If your redundancy payment is more than £30k exemption limit after the amount of Post-employment notice pay has been taken off, enter the amount over the limit in Box 5, tax taken off in box 6 anf £30k in box 9. This would mean l put 3k in box 5 (Redundancy - pilon) ??
  • Redundancy & PILON

Please can you confirm what l need to submit where on the self assessment. Redundancy Taxable and non-Taxable and PILON pay on last payslip and included in P60 which is split between 2 employers. The income is on the P60 and included in the employment section. Do l also need to fill in Employment lump sums, compensation and deductions and certain post-employment income? Example redundancy NT 30000, redundancy Taxable 16000 & PILON 13000 What figure would l put in Box 5 ? Box 5 read notes that say take off the post-employment notice pay enter the amount over the exemption limit. Would it be 3000. (16000-13000) Box 9 will be 30000 (leave tax taken off box 6 blank as included in payslip and not able to breakdown) Thanks