Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: NRL - need to update HMRC of change in tenancy?

Hello Admin, I am an NRL and have been approved with an NRL number. I let out my flat through my letting agent, but they did not pass my tenants’ monthly rent (May-June 2022) to me and gave no reply to my repeated email enquiries. I have no idea if my tenants moved out or not. In mid-July, I managed to get in touch with my agent, who admitted to their mistakes. On 19 July 2022, I formally wrote to them not to let out my flat and requested termination of our contract. According to our contract, “…the contract may be terminated by either party by way of three months written notice which may be given at any time after month one of each new tenancy.” As of now, I don’t know the status of my flat as vacant or being occupied by someone without my consent. Despite my emails asking about the rent, keys return/progress etc..., my agent hasn't replied at all. Recently, I learned from utility companies and City Council that I’ll be responsible for the bills from 30 June 2022 onwards. Sorry to ask; should I inform HMRC that the effective date of deleting my letting agent is on 19 July 2022? Appreciate your advice and thank you for your time. Kind regards, Mukjizat
  • RE: NRL1 form submission

Hi there, I posted the NRL1 form by DHL on 4 May 2022 and have not received any reply. I called +44 300 322 9433 HMRC NRL Scheme, a staff told me that sending to HMRC BP8002, Benton Park View, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1ZZ is incorrect. The staff suggested me to resend the NRL1 form again, the correct address is Charities, Savings and International 1, HMRC, St Johns House, Merton Road, Liverpool, L75 1BB. It would be helpful if the HMRC website (courier deliveries) to update the new delivery address for postcode beginning with BX9. Thank you so much.
  • RE: Self assessment

Thank you for your help.
  • RE: Self assessment

Hello, I am a non-resident landlord, have already received my NRL number & UTR number in early 2021. I have completed the paper form of the Tax return for this tax year 2021 (6 Apr 2020 – 5 Apr 2021) and sent it to HMRC via FedEx in July. My questions are: 1. For the risk of loss in mailing, will HMRC send an email to acknowledge receipt of my documents? 2. My UK letting agent has issued a NRL6 certificate for the tax year 01/04/2020 – 31/03/2021, they claimed the printed dates are correct. Will there be a problem as the DATES on the certificate do not match with that of the tax year 2021? 3. I don’t have a NI number. Can I register for HMRC self-assessment online using the Government gateway? 4. If I use a 3rd party software for filing online purposes, should I stick to only one commercial supplier? Can I switch later? Thank you in advance.