Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Furnished Holiday Let- Period of Grace Election

I wish to make a Period of Grace Election for a Furnished Holiday Let outwith the Self Assessment online reporting. Please advise the address of the HMRC Office and Department I require to write to in this connection.
  • Copies of old Tax returns

I would like a copy of my full tax return for the year 2008-09. Various online sources say this is possible when signed in to the government gateway site. I have signed in and found it impossible to view any old returns. I have found the drop down link with various tax years but when I select the year and press go nothing happens. I have tried several times.
  • Furnished Holiday Let- final year return

I have a Furnished Holiday Let which ceased to trade on 8 August 2022. It is now let as a private residential tenancy. I am aware that in the final 12 calendar months of trading to 8 August 2022 I will require to confirm the FHL met all the FHL conditions. My query is about how I split the two periods and types of let in my tax return for the year ended 5 April 2023? Thanks
  • Capital Gains Tax on Furnished Holiday Let

I have a furnished holiday let which I propose to sell in 2023. For 10 years prior to Covid the property met all the FHL criteria For tax year s 2020-21 and 2021-2022 I will require to make an Election to meet the FHL letting criteria ( number of days let) due to Covid and associated issues. The property ceased being an FHL on 8 August 2022. For the calendar 12 months prior to 8 August 2022 the property met all the FHL requirements. I would like confirmation that on the basis of the information provided above the disposal property will benefit from business asset disposal relief within the lifetime limit and provided it is sold within 3 years from the date when the FHL business ceased Thank you