Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Vested shares from a previous employer - self-assessment

    Hi, I received some restricted shares from my previous employer in the 2021/22 tax year. I left that employer in 2020, but was able to keep my deferred shares. Although I have been working for a new company since September 2021, I still received a payslip from the old employer to reflect the share delivery in Feb 2022, with some tax deducted (via sale of some of the shares). My question is: where do I account for this payment on my tax return? Should it go under employment, even though I was no longer employed by the company that delivered the shares (ie, report as a second employment on the tax return)? If not, where should I put both the gross amount of the shares delivered and the tax deducted?