Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Personal Income Tax refund 2020-2021

Hi All, Who ever reads this as a post in the future, you may need to actually contact the HMRC direct, via telephone, as that was the only time I managed to get a response that answered my questions. I rang the week before Christmas to find out what was happening with my Personal Income Tax not been calculated, the adviser looked up my details and clarified that I was due a large refund, and she could process that for me instantly.... not instantly, check a few days later, still nothing to say my Income Tax had been calculated online, Knew that it was now Christmas so waiting until the new year, when I checked again. There was a notification to say what I was owed, I then had to put my bank details , which then took a further 4 days to clear. Whether I would have finally go a postal indication to tell me that I had a refund I will never no!! I think best advise for me is ring, and ring them. As other way of communication just didn't seem to work. GOOD LUCK
  • RE: Personal Income Tax refund 2020-2021

I have tried on numerous occasions to contact you regarding this. I have tried again once more this morning, and it just takes me around in a loop, there does not seem to be any way on contacting you what so ever. Yes, the page explains what I need to do, and I follow all the instructions, and it just takes me back to the page which tell me that 'Your tax has not yet been calculated'. It is awful.
  • Personal Income Tax refund 2020-2021

Please can we have an idea of timescale on when we are like to have the Personal Income Tax refund for 2020-2021. It has said 'Your tax has not yet been calculated' and timescales have moved Originally it was October, then it said November, and now there is no timescale at all. I do appreciate we are in an unusual situation this year, but we are only 12 or so weeks away from a new tax year, but when you know that you are owed a few thousand pound, it seems very unfair that the goal posts keeping moving. I made you wait for nearly 9 months for your payment, I'm sure I would be receiving red letter in the post... all we are asking is for a timescale and that you stick to them. Thank you