Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Overseas travel and other expenses -using Overseas Scale rates

    Hi, I am a UK tax resident and have been invited to do a series of lectures as a visiting professor in Japan for 1 month. For this, the host university is paying a salary after deducting the relevant income taxes. 1. When reporting this income in my self assessment, how can I deduct relevant expenses ? Can I use the Overseas Scale Rate and use the relevant daily allowance? 2.I understand that the UK has a double tax treaty with Japan, how report the tax paid in Japan in my self return? Many thanks for all the help.