Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• UK Trader Scheme

I am not sure whether our UK trading company needs to be registered under the UK Trader Scheme. Could you advise, please? We have a few trade customers in Northern Ireland to which we supply water analyser equipment and spares on a regular basis. Those customers are the end user of our goods. The EU tariff for the goods is zero. We ship solely from our base in England using a carrier (e.g. TNT) direct to our customer; we do not have a base in N Ireland. In November/ December 2020, we applied for the TSS, an XI EORI number, and for the UK Trader Scheme as prompted by publicity at the time. We never heard back from the Trader Support Service TSS (and I don't know what to do next re that?), we do have an XI EORI (which I understood was necessary to ship goods to N Ireland from 1 Jan), and we are provisionally registered for the UK Trader Scheme. Having looked again at the guidance, it would seem that our goods are not 'at risk' because they have a zero EU tariff. If we continue to declare them as such, it appears we do not need full authorization under the UK Trader Scheme? Is that correct?
  • Trader Support Scheme registration

I registered a company for the TSS in December 2020. How do I check whether the company has been allocated a code, or indeed whether it has been registered? No response has been received at the email address specified in the application. Should I just re-apply, or is there a designated contact to ask about my first application?