Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self Assessment

    Hi I have been asked few questions on "income of dividend and capital gain from investment" for checking the need to send a Self Assessment tax return 21/22. The replied is that "based on your answer, no need to send a return". I believe the reason is that my total dividend income and capital gain are not exceeded my personal allowance/relief. In such case, do I still need to send self Assessment return on-line/paper to HMRC for filing? On the other hand, I'll submit SA109 for split year tax treatment by paper by post. In case, I have other foreign income (dividend income/ capital gain) need to be filed by self assessment tax return. Can I submit self assessment tax return for such income on-line and send the Paper SA109 by post separately?
  • RE: Split year treatment

    Do I report the Foreign Capital Gain of "Investment - Share or bonds" in SA106 or repot in SA108? Seems all Foreign Income Gain including investment of share are need to be reported in SA106. Can I report SA100 by on line account and SA 109 (no-line reporting) by paper by post separately?
  • Split Year Treatment

    Hi, I came and stayed in Uk from 1 Jun 22 and I have been UK tax resident from 5 July 2021. I have already reviewed the rules and understand I am qualified for the split year treatment. My question is, when I fill in the self-assessment, whether I need to report” income” and “capital gain” for the whole tax year from 6 Apr 2021 or just those income and capital gain from the time I become UK tax resident? Do I need to apply or register the split year treatment of 21-22 in HMRC before filing to self assessment? Do I need to repot those oversea capital gain in self assessment when I am a UK tax resident?