Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Self-employed from other country

    Thank you very much. It's very helpful.
  • RE: Director Fees from Hong Kong Company

    Hi , I have the same situation as Soyukki. I am a director of a Hong Kong design company and received director's fee while I am a UK tax residence. I am not just being a director of that Hong Kong company, I am also doing the actual design work for the Hong Kong projects remotely from the UK. Should I still file the income as foreign income? or as self employed sole trader? Thank you.
  • Self-employed from other country

    I run a small design firm in Hong Kong, the company is registered in Hong Kong and solely owned by myself, and I came to the UK in July last year under the BNO visa. I am still operating the company remotely here in the UK, and I earn salary as a director of this company. I wonder how I should file the tax return, should I just file the income as foreign income? or I should file the income as self-employment. Thank you.