Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Self-Employed outside the UK

    Thanks for your reply! As for VAT: I understand that need to register for VAT, but what about VAT tax payment in my case? (B2B services, import & export towards non-UK companies). I mean based on the rule "place of supply" the exported services may be not subject to VAT, while importing services may be subject to Reverse VAT. As for accounting period: for the Sole Trader business entity in that country I have it - it's regular calendar year. However in UK it's 5-6 April, so I believe that NET profit left on 5th april should be declared as NET PROFIT for self assessement? Many thanks
  • Self-Employed outside the UK

    Hi HMRC team, Hope all is good! I live in UK, I'm UK tax resident. At the same time I'm doing business (Sole Trader) outside the UK. My business nature are mobile apps. We import & export digital services (only to B2B counterparts and all of them non-UK). The turnover last tax year was higher than £85k. My questions are: 1) When doing self-assessment, should I declare this as Self-Employed OR foreign income? 2) Do I need to register for VAT or pay VAT? (considering it's B2B services all outside the UK). 3) Should I pay tax on NET PROFIT (which was left on bank account after all expenses on the last day of tax year, namely 5th April. Overall left balance) Many thanks