Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Split year treatment

    Hello I returned to the UK during the 2021/22 tax year after several years abroad so will be claiming split year treatment on my self assessment. I left a UK savings account open while I was living abroad. For 2021/22 self assessment, do I declare only the amount of UK savings interest received during the UK part of the year, or do I have to enter the amount for the whole year since it is UK-source (despite it also being reported and taxed in my former country of residence)?