Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Bank interest received below £1000

    Hi, I am doing self assessment. My bank interest is below £1000 (which is my saving allowance), do I still need to put into the UK interest section of the self assessment?
  • Bank switching reward

    Hi, Is a one-time cash reward from bank for switching account to them courted as income? Could I have instruction, like what income type should I put it under? Thanks
  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    Hi, I am a UK resident from Hong Kong. I receive certain amount of cash gift from my friend in Hong Kong to my bank account in Hong Kong monthly. Do I need to declare the cash gifts if they are over specified limit (if any)? Besides, a person (living in Hong Kong) owes me money, and he is repaying me monthly. Do I need to declare his repayment? I guess that shouldn't be income because the money is I borrowed him (and the repayment is still going on). Thanks!