Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Query relating to bringing loss forward if self employed

I am having the same issue. I entered the value less than the profit but it wasn't accepted. I can confirm that the loss I entered is less than the loss I carried forward last year. Appreciate any help! Thank you for your time! :)
  • Error with "loss brought forward"

Hi, I'm getting an error with "29. Loss brought forward from earlier years set-off against 2021-22 profits" with any value that I entered. I have made sure the following: - The loss is less than the profit of this year. - The loss is the same as (or less than) the amount for "35. Total loss to carry forward after all other set-offs" in last year's tax return. - The loss is less than £6,150 (Not sure if this is necessary, source: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1063020/sa108-Notes-2022.pdf P8 Box 45) I have been bringing forward the loss and have used parts of it over the past few years with no problem. Not sure what I did wrong this time. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you for your time! :)