Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Exchange Rate for Foreign Income

Dear HMRC, I have some foreign interest income (received in May, Jul, Nov 2023) within 2023/2024 tax year. Can I use the spot rate on 13 Jul 2023 to report all these foreign income on my self assessment? Thanks
  • RE: Self Assessment - Invigilator

Thanks for your relies. Just one last question. As this is a casual job, do I still have to do self assessment if I earn zero income from the invigilator job for the tax year?
  • RE: Self Assessment - Invigilator

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand your reply correctly. My taxable income is below 12,570. 1) Does this mean that I have to submit a self assessment for my invigilator job? 2) If so, that means ALL invigilators need to do self assessment even under PAYE? Thanks
  • Self Assessment - Invigilator

I am an exam invigilator - casual worker at a school.  I'm under PAYE (the school pays me income after deduction of my income tax and NIC).  I have done the online checker tool "Check if you need to send a self assessment tax return" and my answers are all "no" except that my job position is an exam invigilator. Can I be exempted from submitting a self assessment if I don't intend to make any Class 2 NIC? Thanks