Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Can't submit VAT return via MTD

Hello, Thank you very much for your advice to call the helpline on 03002003701. I did this at 2.53pm on 11th August. I was put in a waiting queue for around 40 minutes before speaking to a helpful advisor called Thomas. Thomas was able to check our account and confirmed that everything was in order. He then assured me that he knew what the problem was, this was at the HMRC end, and he advised that the problem would likely be fixed by 6pm that evening. I've just tried to file my tax return again with Quickbooks this afternoon (3.30pm 14th August) and I am experiencing exactly the same problem as before. How should we proceed ? Many thanks. Regards, 
  • Can't submit VAT return via MTD

We've signed up to MTD over 1 week ago and haven't had a confirmation e-mail from HMRC. I've been able to connect my Quickbooks account to my HMRC MTD as confirmed by the green MTD "tick" in Quickbooks. However, Quickbooks displays the message :- "We can't connect to HMRC This could be because you recently: signed up for a Making Tax Digital account with HMRC submitted a VAT return to HMRC If so, hold tight. HMRC should restore the connection within 72 hours. Has it been longer than 72 hours? Then contact HMRC." Also, I'm unable to file my VAT return using Quickbooks. How should I proceed ? Regards,