You’re offline. This is a read only version of the page.
- I have a YouTube channel and I have been earning money since last year (2021/ 2022).
- I am able to see how much money my channel has earned in my Google Adsense account.
- I decided to delay my payments last year and because of this I was paid less than £1000 into my bank account (2021/2022).
- However my YouTube channel earned more than £1000 in 2021/ 2022 if you include the money that was paid into my bank account PLUS the money that was earned by my channel and remains in my Google Adsense account.
- The money in my Google Adsense account has been building up since last year and my plan was to receive the money into my bank account soon and then register as self-employed this year (2022/2023) and submit a self assessment form at the appropriate time.
- Recently someone mentioned to me that I would in fact have to submit a self assessment tax form for last year (2021/2022) because even though I didn't receive over £1000 into my bank account, my YouTube channel still earned more than £1000.
Could you please clarify whether I should submit a self assessment form for last year or not based on this information? I hope it is clear enough to be understood.