Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Amendment before deadline

    Dear sir/madam, I posted the self assessment form to report in October and I saw my HMRC online account record was updated in December. As I wrote a wrong pay of employment so the tax I need to pay is so large. Since my salary is low and actually it’s less than the taxation limit, supposedly I don’t need to pay any tax this year. So I filled in another form to amend it and posted it on early December. However there is no changes on my online account until January. So I called 03002003310 to enquire. The staff said he can’t see the amendment and asked me to post again the amended form. So I posted again with the track and sign, and I can see it was delivered to the PO box. But I still cannot see any changes on my online account. The deadline of paying tax is end of this month. I don’t have that huge amount of money to pay for the tax. Will I be fined in this case? Because I use the paper form to report at the first time, so I cannot amend it online. Is there any other method I can amend it? I have already post the amended form twice already. Any email or other way I can do it? I’m so worried and please help. Thank you