Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Importing goods from EU - non VAT registered business

Thank you Customs Oldtimer and HMRC Admin 20. I have talked to the supplier in Italy and it looks like they will be able to invoice me with 0% VAT rate after all.
  • RE: Importing goods from EU - non VAT registered business

Thank you. I have two potential suppliers and one said that as the goods are leaving EU he can issue 0%VAT invoice, and all he needs to be able to do is IE599 export notification confirming goods left EU, and the other saying they need to apply the VAT even though the goods are leaving EU. I managed to ask business in other EU country that exports to the UK and it seems issuing invoice with 0% VAT and IE599 issued by customs agent is what is needed. It is all very confusing. I can't understand why there is no EU procedure which explains exactly how to approach it.
  • Importing goods from EU - non VAT registered business

Hello, I hope someone will be able to help me understand how import for EU when my business in not VAT registered. Information: I plan to import goods from EU to sell them in UK (sofas) I'm running a limited comany which is not VAT registered. I've applied for EORI number Question: How to approach it? What would be the VAT arrangement? In country of origin (Italy) they have a 22% vat rate. Lets say I buy a sofa which costs me £1000+vat. Do I pay the VAT twice? once in country of origin and second time the VAT in the UK?