Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Reporting share loss taxed via PAYE on self assessment

    Hi, I need to complete a self assessment for 2022/2023 to cover the High Income Child Benefit Charge but am not sure where to capture income from company issued shares. The shares were issued in the tax year 2022/2023 with an estimated value and taxed via PAYE, which is reflected in the P60 from that year. However, the shares were locked for sale until the tax year 2023/2024. Once they were available to sell their value had dropped from the estimate in the previous tax year. How/what section of the self assessment should I capture this in?