Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Declaration of trust, sole owner property

    Hi sundhillon123, 

    In respect of the first part of your further question I can confirm that the first part is correct as per our previous answer. In example, No requirement for a Form 17 or submission of a Declaration of Trust.  

    In respect of the joint ownership of a property please refer to the guidance held at:
    Joint property ownership

    If the rental property is held in joint names then a Form 17 election and a Declaration of Trust would need to be submitted to HMRC.  

    Thank you for your question.