Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Income Tax, Class 2 and Class NIC

Hi, thank you for your response, I have more two questions: 1. Are Class 2 and Class 4 National Insurance contributions are calculated in the same way for British Self Employed and for Self Employed operated by the taxpayer abroad? 2. Are the contributions I paid abroad (in Poland) reduce the contibutions paid in the UK? Looking forward for your response
  • Income Tax, Class 2 and Class NIC

Hi,

I asked about business income form abroad in forum Self Assesment. The asnwer was that I shoul declare income from overseas in the Self Employment pages (SA103) of your tax return an I can claim Foreign Tax Credit relief on any overseas tax deducted in the 'Foreign tax paid on employment, self-employment and other income' section of the foreign pages (SA106).

In that case should NICs be charged on all abroad income? Contributions from abroad income have been already paid abroad so I want to be sure. I was referred to this forum. For example: UK resident Employment (SA102) in LTD Company - Income =2000 GBP Self Employment (SA103) - business income from abroad - Income=28476 GBP Foreign Tax paid: Self-employed income (SA106) - Foreign tax paid=4240 GBP Income Tax, Class 2 and Class 4 National Insurance contributions due = 1866 GBP Are this calculations correct? Shoul I pay Income Tax and NICs?
  • RE: SA100 and business income from abroad

For example: UK resident Employment (SA102) in LTD Company - Income =2000 GBP Self Employment (SA103) - business income from abroad - Income=28476 GBP Foreign Tax paid: Self-employed income (SA106) - Foreign tax paid=4240 GBP Income Tax, Class 2 and Class 4 National Insurance contributions due = 1866.44 GBP Are this calculations correct? Shoul I pay Income Tax and NICs?
  • RE: SA100 and business income from abroad

Hi, thanks for your response. In that case should NICs be charged on all abroad income? Contributions from abroad income have been already paid abroad so I want to be sure.
  • SA100 and business income from abroad

Hi, where should I enter business income from abroad in SA100? I am UK resident but I also worked abroad.