Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Consultancy expenses and Self-Assessment

    Hi i am due to start on a UK contract (PAYE) with an Austrian employer in April 2023, when they have UK entity established. In the meantime i will work as consultant for them and be paid in GBP into my UK account. I'll register as Sole Trader, invoice them monthly and declare via self-assessment. Question is how to handle expenses? If I pay hotels / flights etc and they re-imburse me in full, do i exclude entering that as either income or expense on the self-assessment, since they cancel each other out?