Under the following constrains:
- I am claiming remittence with Form SA109.
- All my foreign income is based on capital gains.
- I have no capital gains in the UK.
Do I still need to fill in the Forms A106 (Foreign) and SA108 (Capital gains)?
Thank you for your reply and clarification.
Hello Box 34 (and 35, 36) ask for an amount I am 'nominating'. however, I do not find any explanation/definition of what amount this refers to (also not in the explanation document https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1064072/sa109-notes-2022.pdf). Is this - the amount remitted to the UK in that tax year? - the amount gained abroad in that tax year? - something else? thank you for your reply
1. I can't find a way to apply for taxation on remittance basis online. is that possible? and if so, how do I do that?
2. if it is indeed not possible, I have hound the 'Residence, remittance basis etc' form.
If I do not have any remittance to declare. Can I just print this form and send it back with box 28 checked, claiming remittance basis? which other forms do I have to send? can I get them by post?
is the box 34 'Amount of income you are nominating' the amount remitted, or the income that occurred in the UK? if it is the former, where do I need to list my UK income?