Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Cash gift from parents outside UK

    Hi, I am a UK national and I am looking to receive £150,000 from my parents, who are in India, as a cash gift. The money will be transferred from an Indian bank account to my UK bank account to buy a house in the UK. Do I pay tax on that amount?