Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Deemed NI contributions / Primary threshold NI

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I can see that the payroll submissions are recorded in my personal tax account. The National Insurance account states the following: "You do not have any gaps in your record." But when I open the tax years it says: "You did not make any contributions this year" This is somewhat confusing as I have been paid above the LEL and hence count as paid for NI purposes. Shouldn't it say that I did make contributions?
  • Deemed NI contributions / Primary threshold NI

Hi, I pay myself from my limited company the salary level at the primary threshold level. I understand that this deemed to have paid primary contributions even though I have actually paid nothing. My HMRC online personal tax account does not show these deemed NI contributions amount. How do I get a record to show my full NI contributions including my deemed contributions?
  • RE: Rental Income for Joint Property

Thank you for your clarity in this. Thank you.
  • RE: Rental Income for Joint Property

Thank you for the above. My sister fully runs the property and though we are joint owners, we have agreed that the division of any profits and all rental income is to go to her. This is similar to the PM1030 section: Jointly owned property: no partnership: "But joint owners can agree a different division of profits and losses and so occasionally the share of the profits or losses will be different from the share in the property. The share for tax purposes must be the same as the share actually agreed." Do I still have to report the property income even if I do not run the property and we have agreed that the division of profits are all to my sister?
  • Director's Loan S455 charge

A company has three directors and each director holds a loan owed to the company. The three individual directors' loans are less than £10,000 for each director. However, the combined total of the three directors' loan is above £10,000. Will there be a S455 charge on these director's loan at all?
  • Rental Income for Joint Property

My sister and I have a property jointly owned. However, all the rental income goes to my sister's bank account. Do I still have to report the rental income in my self assessment tax return as no rental income has actually gone into my bank account.