Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Help I have 2 government gateway ID's

Hi so my personal tax account now has the option to submit my self assessment on there since they gave me a UTR. This is not the business tax account, this is the personal tax account and I can do my self-assessment straight on there. separate issue aside, I mistakenly opened a separate account called a business tax account when I first tried to register for self assessment by mistake. So this account is blank and has its own government gateway ID. the only account i use is the personal tax account for self assessment as this is where my UTR has been assigned. I am trying to enquire as to whether I can close this business tax account as it is not needed and was opened by mistake as everything i need to do including self assessment is on my personal tax account. Also when i submit my self assessment on my personal tax account I am worried HMRC will expect me to submit another self assessment as I have separate account called a business tax account. Could you kindly read my initial query again because your answer has not been helpful, nor can i understand what you said in the third line of your response. please advise
  • Help I have 2 government gateway ID's

Hi I have a personal tax account and accidently made a business tax account when i was trying to register for self assessment. The self assessment UTR is registered on my personal tax account and I can submit my self assessment there. I dont know why i have seperate government gateway ID for business tax account, I dont even have a company or business, how do i delete this please, I spoke to HMRC on the phone and been forwarded to numerous departments and so far no one has been able to help. I dont want to expected to pay tax into my business tax account for a business i dont have thanks