Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: IOSS

crustypaul: As you say, it only seems to help large tax-avoiding online market places. (I wonder who is among their shareholders). Anyway, like you, my business is small. Over the last decade, as I'm getting on a bit, I've built it up to gradually replace my previous, more physically demanding business. My brand and website has become established in my niche market, particularly in Europe, so I've managed to move away from the greed of the online market places and their fees, with my own online shop. My old business couldn't operate at all during Covid, so it ended, So I've spent the last 19 months really pushing my webshop and reaching a lot more customers. It was going really well. My sales had tripled. Now this situation has forced me to do a U-turn and go back to the physical labour that I'm less and less able to do. Thousands of businesses are losing millions in lost exports, while the govt won't even admit that there's a problem. They are running the country into bankruptcy. (I wonder how much of this will be edited).
  • RE: IOSS

It's 27 days since the last post on here. Has anyone got any updates yet? Has anyone found a cost-effective way for a small business to get around this? My business is losing 60% of sales due to not being able to sell to my biggest market. How many businesses are in a similar situation and how long are they going to be able to keep going?