Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Registering as a sole trader when already registered for SA

    Hello, I have a full-time job and my salary is taxed at source. However, I filed a tax return in the year 22-23 as I had some income from a deceased relative that needed taxing, so I am already registered for self-assessment and have a UTR. However, in the year 23-24 I will have earned a bit of money on the side that I will need to declare as I will have breached the £1,000 miscellaneous income threshold. When I look into registering as a sole trader, the only advice I can find is to register for self-assessment, which I have already done. Please can you tell me how I can register as a sole trader if I am already registered for SA? Or is it simply a case of filling out the relevant pages when it comes to filing my 23-24 return?