Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Valuation methods - Import values references

Within the guidelines of the new CDS system, it refers to methods for valuing the shipped items. Several of them mention the need to compare with other similar items imported into the UK. However, there is no mention of where to obtain such data. Is there a link from which one can see values for such similar objects? In my case, these would be used personal effects. Many thanks.
  • RE: Individual registration in CDS for personal effects

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • RE: Individual registration in CDS for personal effects

Thank you for your answer. I have told our agent about this, but I have not an answer yet. I have also asked in HMRC help chats about it, but they do not have an answer either. It is difficult to understand it is so easy to solve when no one is giving us a clear answer, so I think maybe there is something else. We had no issue with CHIEF, and in the EU it has not changed, so there is no problem with EU imports. Also, they have no clue about CDS, as it is exclusively for English procedures, imports now, and exports in a few months. Thank you again for your answer, I will post here if they give me an answer.
  • Individual registration in CDS for personal effects

Hello We are a small shipping company working with individuals who send personal effects EU-UK and UK-EU. We handle all customs formalities for them, through a customs agent. With the change to CDS, they need to register themselves, which is already a problem. But when trying, the system request an EORI number, which they do not have, because they are private individuals. Also, they cannot access ToR1, as they are not moving, they just have a house in the UK and a house in the EU. We obviously asked our custom agents, but they only tell us that an individual does not need an EORI. What can we do? Thank you